Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Pain at back of head

I dunnoe whether to call it a headache, coz its at the part behind my ear near to my neck.

The sudden pull of nerves has been causing me much discomfort the last few days. Taking of panadol doesn't seem to help. Sleeping doesn't seem to help either, coz i wake up to the same pain in the mornings.

Sometimes it'd go off after a while, but the pain I'm having now has lasted since yesterday afternoon and its driving me nuts.

So last night, I took my sister's suggestion, heated up her lavender/barley heat pack and placed it under my head. It really did feel nice and warm.... but it didn't eliminate the pain, though it was pretty comfortable.

My parents are bugging me to see a doc. But well, i'm anti-doctors. They give no good solutions whatsoever. Half the time I suspect they are just smoking me. (I still remember the other time the doctor told me that i needed an OP for a cyst on my leg, nearly causing me to miss my friends' wedding! When in actual fact, application of oilment can already! DUH)

Anyway, i have no idea what the cause is. It can't be work stress, coz work's ok for now. I'm sleeping ok. Heck, I'm even exercising! (I must add that I'm damn proud of the fact that I went swimming for 2 consecutive days.) Things at home are ok. Maybe its caused by pyschological stress. Maybe its the intangible things that are swimming around at the back of my mind (HEY! maybe that's why its the back of my head that's pain! hee) that I try not to think of. But u'noe, the more u try not to think abt it... the more it accumulates into this huge pile of "things to address/settle" at this storeroom in my memory file.

Anyway, I'm quite excited about my Hall Master duty next week. Except of coz for the fact that my counterpart for the male students is someone I mentioned in my previous blog entry..... someone I really cannot stand. I dunnoe how i'm gonna get thru 7 days with him in the same building. I really wanted to back out. But i decided, "Being hall master is something i really wanna do, why on earth shld i let this guy stop me?!" so I've thus decided to go ahead with it. Mum said, "God is really testing your level of tolerance". I can't help but agree. Maybe its like Sun Wu Kong (Monkey God). Whenever he is naughty, his shi fu (the monk guy) would chant and the thing on his head would tighten giving him a headache. Maybe whenever my level of tolerance is down, I get the same sort of reminder. heh.

I'm excited about meeting the HK students. Hopefully my half-baked cantonese can make the cut. :P

I'm looking forward to being away from home for 7 days, having a room to myself. (hopefully there aint anyone sharing the room with me)

It'd be a new experience.

and i always love new experiences :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's possible that the swimming can cause the headache - back when i was swimming regularly, being in the hot sun in the water dehydrates me fast and so i would get a headache for the next day

one way to cure this is to go back (assuming you've already showered once at the swimming pool) and take a WARM/HOT shower just to warm the body up - and be sure to let the shower head sprinkle water on the head!

Also, avoid cold/chilled drinks for about an hour after you exit the pool, tempting as they may be, it cools your body down far too fast, leading to headaches and in extreme cases, cramps

Hope this helps!