I clumbered onto the suede sofa
In the stillness of the room
Just a moment of solitude
A moment of peace and reflection
After an eventful day.
Today was the PESA Finals.
At 8am, I listened as D practised his speech over and over again.
At 9.30am, we hailed a cab and rushed down to the YMCA
At 10.30am, the competition started
At 3pm, it ended. He didn't make it to the top 3. But in our eyes, he's already a winner. For trying, with such a positive attitude. Sometimes I really wish people could give our students a bit more credit. He had the content, the confidence, just lacking in the area of language ability. He's a great kid la. Tactless, rude with no bad intentions, and just generally really funny. I'm sure this competition has given him some exposure to do better in his Emcee jobs at school.
At 5pm, I returned to the office.
At 6pm, I checked into my room. Proceeded to be engaged in a debate with my online friends on whether I should open my room door. Watched 1 episode of Heroes. Chatted with a few girls. Met some boys as I chased them out of the girls' room. Amused that I'm henceforth known as "Mis-sy" (by the girls) and "Madam" (by the boys)
At 11pm, Here i am, at the end of the day. Decided to once again continue my quest to read through the Bible once through again.
At 12am, I climbed into bed.
At 2am, still I lay awake in bed.
Here's a pic of D and his loyal supporters. It was funny the way we all intuitively came in red. :P

No comments:
Post a Comment