Saturday, July 7, 2007

Movies

In a short span of three days, I've watched 3 movies.

1. Nancy Drew

2. Die Hard 4 (Live Free or Die Hard)

3. Transformers


Nancy Drew is the kind of show I wouldn't recommend unless you grew up reading her books (like I did). The acting didn't really make the cut, the plot was so-so, well... it was definitely one of those easily forgettable movies, but it made for a good movie to just relax and enjoy, just for nostlagia sake.

I've always enjoyed reading Nancy Drew books , together with all the other books that featured girls in boarding school, like "Naughtiest Girl in school", "Malory Towers" and "St Claires", and all the mystery novels like "Five Find-outers and dog", "The Famous Five".. in fact, I love them so much, I'd read and re-read them over and over again. heh. I even have some of them in my cupboard still. :)






Die hard made for a great mid-day show. It got my adrenaline pumping. It totally rocks! Though I've no idea what Die hard 1,2,3 was about, but Die Hard 4 was really "wow". Totally got me at the edge of my seat and laughing out loud at some really witty comments made by the characters. (just that the other sitting ard me didnt think it was funny...maybe they didn't catch the joke...)
The plot was fantastic, the acting great.
Loved it, loved it, loved it.
Need I say more?


Transformers wasn't the kind of show I'd willingly go and watch. I mean... machines turning into some "thing" didn't really seem all that fascinating. Afterall, I grew up watching "My Little Pony", "Carebears", "Smurfs"... I don't think "Transformers" ever appeared on my tv screen. But then, everyone said it was nice..i mean, EVEN MY SISTER said it was nice... so oh well. Besides friend wanted to watch it, so i thot heck. So I shall see what the hype is all about.


And wow, it was really quite great! I loved the way they infused comedy with action. I mean.. haha.. the way they were trying to hide in Wik's garden was hilarious. The morphing from machine into robots and vice versa was damn cool. (But could someone enlighten me as to why the gd guys dun morph into better, stronger machines like what the Decepticons did?!)


And of coz the funniest part (I felt, for a Transformers newbie), was why do the rest of the team have macho names, and yet there's one called "Bumble Bee" ?!

No comments: