I know what they think. That it was easy to just shake the dust off and move on.
There hasn't been a day where I don't think about them. Be it them or them.
The ties I've seem to severed.
They ask me why. and why not.
Explaining seems the hardest thing to do.
How does one explain a decision made? It is not as if I'm explaining a mathematical equation or physics problem. There isn't a "correct" explanation or formula to it...when it boils down to a whole lot more than just logical reasoning. A decision, a choice made with a combination of the heart and mind. Of history and experiences. Of feelings of doubts and peace. Of trying to rationalise what is best...for them, and for myself. Considering the odds. Weighing the consequences. Pre-empting the questions.
I no longer wish to offer any explanations.
People ask. And i wonder. Do they ask because they are really concerned about me? Or do they ask to satisfy their own curiosity? Do they ask so that they can judge and condemn? Do they ask so that my answer would concretise their assumptions of me? What is their intentions and motives for asking? Does the answer even matter?
It'd be same answer to everyone. Yet, it is how I deliver the answer to each one. Who ask matters. I can't say the same thing in the same manner to everyone. Guard the tongue, as said in James. Serve to edify not stumble, as said by Paul. And yet, I need to speak the truth nonetheless. Just how much and in what way.
Thus, i've chosen to take the easier route and decided not to give answers.
Why bother? Do I give an answer to defend and justify my point? Do I give an answer to give others a peace of mind? Do I give an answer to satisfy their curiosity?
I'd rather be deemed as hard-hearted and cold. A traitor even.
They think I no longer care. well...i no longer can.
Yet every night I say a prayer for all the "him"s and "her"s.
Placing them from my mind into the hands of God.
Can a relationship ever be totally severed?
If only it were that easy.
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment