Tuesday, September 4, 2007

wandering church go-er

Sunday I visited CS's church ELBC. There's something about small baptist churches that i identify with. ELBC is located in a shophouse, and it instantly reminded me of the church in Batam, in Myanmar. Coz they were also located on the second floor of shophouses.

The people were hospitable and warm. Seeing the way CS interacts with his peers and youths reminds me of TSBC days.

I miss them. I miss the feeling of familiarity. The usual place where I'd sit, where the youths would be sitting around me. The faces that greet me. The friends that I'd have lunch with. The songs that are sung. The sequence of worship. The standard bulletin. The feeling of being home.

Sometimes I'm really quite tired of meeting new people, of having to introduce myself time and again, of having to be friendly and sociable. I'm tired of feeling a bit awkward and uneasy everytime I'm in a new environment. I just want to go to church and feel right at home.

A home was what TSBC meant to me. Unfortunately it was not meant to be. But I'd survive.

I don't want to be wandering from church to church forever. I don't think I'd be ready to serve for a long time to come. I don't think I'd ever stop thinking of them.

I do believe that I'd know when He has brought me to the church in which He has called me to. Just like how He led me to TSBC 9 years ago.

Meanwhile I'd just keep waiting upon Him.

No comments: