Wednesday, September 26, 2007

3rd day of camp

(click for bigger pics)

i'm filled with pride.

This is my 4th batch of BLAZE I campers, and I must say that they're the 2nd best batch so far. Of coz, none can beat the pioneer batch, all of whom are serving in the student council, and most of whom I'm friends with still. This September batch of campers are the best I have met this year and this has been the best camp run so far.

Yesterday night, we had a Theme Party where each participant was supposed to dress up as his/her hero/leader and give a speech explaining why they chose that particular person. Even as I listened to their sincere and heart-felt speeches, I realised that each of them are heroes in their own way.

I see in every one of them that seed of potential. Some, of coz, you can immediately detect their leadership qualities as they ooze confidence and charisma. Others, though quiet and reserved at the start, shine as servant leaders, speaking up only when necessary. They bring with them their individual personalities and characteristics, their experiences and backgrounds, their different academic training and fuse together as a team on this journey of self-discovery and enhancement.

It brings me joy as I see them bond with one another. Strangers at the start, and chums at the end of it all. It heartens me when I hear how they came initially with reservations and preconceived notions about students from other departments, and yet, at the end of the 3 days, they can call the others in their team - friends. I'm filled with pride as I hear how they motivate and encourage one another with positive words.

ITE students are of a different league. A class not like the other tertiary institutions. And I love these kids. I laugh at their silly antics. I marvel at their lame jokes. I roll my eyes as they "yo yo!" me everytime I walk past. I return their warm smiles and friendly greetings. They really warm my heart.

There's so much I can learn from them.

I wanted to tell them, you are all my heroes. :)






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YO YO! i expected the best student part. hahahahaha!!!

- Angie

tsl said...

heh. u know, i know... can already la... (and of coz...those 5 also know...sigh) remind me never to share such information wif them. haha