Friday, September 21, 2007

surviving a tough week






I survived!

I had a really tough week. On Monday i felt the onset of a sore throat and cold. I thot it would blow over (pun intended) as the days go by, but it got worse instead. Thursday was the worst. My eyes hurt. My nose kept running. My throat hurt. I was in dire need of sleep. I was almost tearing during counselling class.

Mum made me this weird chinese concoction which left this disgusting after-taste. but today I'm feeling a wee bit better.

Hopefully I'd heal before the camps next week.

Pre camp preparation as usual had stressed me out big time...especially when plans keep changing, and deadlines were simply non-existent. Technical flaws irked me big time as well. Printer problem, copier jam.... I tell you, I was simply a walking ticking timebomb. a germ-infested one as well.

But it all cumulated to a terrific end to the week. Chocolate cake, brownies, coffee. A sweet treat for those who have survived yet another term. A seemingly long and tough term for most who didn't have a break the last hols.

Its bitter-sad, yet happy. Its the end of term for my teaching colleagues. They are looking forward to their 3 weeks break. For me, i'm quite excited about the camps now that the preparation work is over. I'd be working with a new team of people, and meeting new students and that excites me. I promised the student facilitators (and yes, the staff facilitators that includes YOU and YOU as well. :P) a year end dinner treat from me. They really deserve it for the hard work they have put in. So I gotta start saving now for a feast at the end of the year. :)

Colleague A's last day today. And the office will certainly be much quieter without her. She adds a spark of life and excitement to the department. She has shown me what it means to speak up when wronged and to stand up for what one believes in. She's not afraid to offend and her passion for the students shine through.

I'm glad to have known her.

Colleague S is also moving to a new dept. She is a role model for the younger teachers. Her zest and exuberance and boundless energy is simply infectious. Her commitment to YEP despite the odds is admirable. I'd miss her around the office too.

The wheel of change is turning faster.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

eh, did you bake the brownies or did yr mum bake it? cos it was decadent!!! i ate one after lunch & told myself to stop & let our other colleagues try some too.

By 5pm, i said to hell with it, i'm gonna have another one cos it's just waaaaaay too good. too bad for the suckers who didn't get to eat it. hahahahaha!!!!

- Angie

tsl said...

sorry ar my friend. I don't bake. Ovens scare me. haha. A friend made and delivered it to sch. :)