Monday, September 24, 2007

1st day of camp

Surprised to discover that there's wireless at the campsite...so here I am blogging. Blogging allows me to express a lot of unsaid thoughts and feelings. Its catharsis for me.

I'm feeling really tired. Dunnoe why.

Today's only day 1 of the camp. Two 3D-2N camps back to back is gonna be no joke. Afterall, I'm no longer young. I no longer can go through a day without sufficient rest. Tommorow's gonna be another long day coz wakeup time for me is 4am, to ensure breakfast is ready for the Muslims when they start their fast for the day.

The boys are really cheeky, and I really like the bulliable ones.

"Eh boy! Come help me carry! pleasssseeeee!!!"

I've taken a special liking to this chap who's a Nursing student. Tall, short-cropped hair and a cheeky grin.

He has shared with me how he used to play basketball, is currently in the student council, and intends to join dragon boat and First Aid in poly. He mentioned "Poly" in a matter-of-fact manner. In ITE, it's not really easy for the students to get into Poly unless they are really gd in their studies. I told him that he really sounds very confident that he'd get in, and he said "of course!". He is a 4 pointer who hopes to go directly into Poly after his first year in ITE (rather than go thru 2 years at ITE).

Sometimes, when i think abt these students, I feel a glow of pride.

In these young lives, I see dreams.

I see passion.

I see their need to be understood and heard.



Student A, "Eh cher, we're here to learn to be leaders: Leaders of Lame!"

haha

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

=) sounds like u having fun.. the weather turned out wonderful, didnt it? :)

Joel said...

You seem to be holding up fairly well.

Joel said...

hang in there.. you're not THAT old.. heh

Joel said...

hang in there.. can one