today i spent the whole day with mum.
We had a simple lunch at Xin Wang HK Cafe... (i originally wanted her to try the coffee at TCC, but I didn't know TCC is no longer at cineleisure... :( ) and proceeded to watch 2 back to back movies.
Hairspray and Ratatouille.
This is my 2nd time watching Hairspray, and i enjoyed it just as much as when I watched it the first time. I think its quite incredible the way people can watch the movie without like...bobbing or swaying to the music (which was what I was doing, since I figured no one can really see me in the dark)... i mean, the music is just so terrific! I loved the rock and roll feel and the whole musical effect. My mum loved it too. In fact she loves it so much she thinks Rat isn't all that great in comparison.
But I think Rat ain't bad as well. Lots of interesting lessons behind the cartoon, and the most straight-in-your-face lesson? "Anyone can cook!" -- woohoo! hee. The other day my friend expressed surprise when he learnt that I could cook. Is it that surprising?! My food is edible... of coz its not restaurant standard... and yes, i use a whole lot of pre-prepared sauces for chinese dishes as well as for my spag ... (sorry..but u mean pple actually make their own sauces?!), but still... u won't get food-poisoning after eating it, and can actually be quite nice at times. :P
Anyway, we ended our day browsing thru the Mooncake exhibition at Taka basement 2. I wanted to get the mooncakes from Intercontinental Hotel..but there weren't any on display. But I got 2 small (very small) soft skin ones from The Regent (they taste just like mochi!!!), and we bought 4 from Tung Lok (their lotus paste ones were the nicest out of all that we sampled. The moistest and yummiest! Really! after tasting their lotus paste mooncake, all else just paled in comparison), and 2 Tiramisu flavoured ones (from I-can't-rem-where) just for kicks.
I shared with mum a lot about what's happening at work on the way home. And how everyone I know seems to be moving overseas. Just this year alone, 1 friend has left for US for further studies, another to Chicago for his Phd, another going to London to work, another to Kaza, and yet another going to HK , and a colleague going to HK as well. sigh.
Anyway, this post is pointless la. Just wanted to record that I spent the day with mum without us being upset with one another at the end of it all. :)
Saturday, September 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cool! 2 shows and all the different MOONCAKES. Wish I was there too...can you buy a durian snowskin one and keep until I come back? :P
Post a Comment