
I had to laugh when I saw this comic in my email inbox.
Because that was what I wanted to blog about. My "gripping breakfast" - Of coz maybe i wouldn't use the word "gripping". :P
Today's a beautiful morning. I almost wanted to sing like Tracy in Hairspray. ("Good morning Baltimore...)
Of coz there was the crazy heavy rain which got my jeans really wet, and the bus stop provided no shelter whatsoever (I think we seriously need better designed bus-stops that are actually functional and practical).
But
Does anyone realise that the smell of rain is sweet and fresh? Not the sort of rain that sizzles with the smell of tarmac roads. But a scent of newness.
Anyway, as I was early for my course, I stopped by the market to get myself some breakfast.
Soyabean milk and you tiao. What a wonderful combination. :) It has been a long time since I grabbed breakfast from the markets. Coz during weekdays, I'd be rushing to work. Weekends, I'd rather just sleep in then to take a bus to a market for breakfast.
But I like going to the markets. Not when everyone is rushing here and there, or when they are packed with people. But in the mornings, you'd see elderly men enjoying their cup of teh or kopi, enjoying a bowl of wanton mee, or chee cheong fun. Reading their papers, or just watching the world go by. Elderly women and domestic helpers strolling the aisles along the wet market looking for a fresh cut of meat, or green vegetables.
a sense of ... I dunnoe. what's the word. contentment?
But its these simple things that make my day. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment