On Saturday I went to watch If There's Seasons with A. This the first time I'm watching a chinese musical (not considering TiTouDao, which strictly speaking, is NOT a chinese musical. haha. hokkien maybe. :P ). One main factor is coz I love xinyao, especially those written by Liang Wen Fu. His songs are the kind that u just can't stop humming to. The second main factor was coz Joanna Dong was one of the main cast. Jo Dong was my senior back in VJC, not only class senior, but choir senior as well.
Anyway, my fav scene has to be the opening scene with that opening song at the cementary. To be someone, everyone, noone and anyone. quite cool.Overall, I'd prob rate them a 5/10 for effort. It would have been better if it were just a Liang Wen Fu concert, rather than trying to hard to fit the songs into the plot (and the plot really CMI). Feel like I'm watching a school performance. The songs are great. no doubt. The singing was great too. But the plot. sigh.
Anyway, after that, we had dinner at Din Tai Fung. After taking tons of pictures, did the waitress tell us that phototaking of food is not allowed at Din Tai Fung. (duh)
(Din Tai Fung is supposed to be famous for their xiao long bao. But in my humble opinion, I think the ones at Crystal Jade is much better. Less salty, and the skin texture is much better)

(dou miao and pork strips)
(yummy fried wantons! :) )
(egg fried rice with shrimps)
(this siew mai thingy...)I just discovered a new fav cafe hangout.. I realised that TCC has nicer and wider variety of drinks than Coffee Club. On Saturday, i tried the Rose Juliet. VERY NICE! and on Sunday, I went back there again, and I got the Iced Honey Latte. Ummm.. nice. :)


1 comment:
accumulate $88 worth of receipts at tcc to get their VIP card! :D
Post a Comment