December
How quickly time flies (yehyeh..cliche i know)
This year has been a year of changes. I think in many ways, I've been forced to
- reflect upon my walk with God
- review the building of my character
- assess the control of my emotions
- rethink my priorities in life
- reconsider the value of my work
- establish new relationships
- marvel at the complexities of the human kind
- stand up on my own and grow up.
This year is the year I turned 25. Twenty-Five. Quietly, steathily I've tip-toed into the line that marks me as being in my mid-twenties. Sure, age is but a mere number. But what have I accomplished in this 25 years? What else do I want to accomplish before another year slips me by? Before the big 3-0 arrives?
Sometimes, I really can't believe I've been working at I T E for 2 years already. I do think that I have been blessed with a job which I cannot say I hate, because there are definitely the "up" moments in which I see the value in the work I do. A student smiling at me as I walk past, or waving at me in the canteen. Reading the students' reflections and thoughts about the camp, seeing them with new friends, reading their commitment to quit smoking for example. Small things. Negligible even. But every life is worth impacting, in whatever small ways, no?
This year I've learnt many new things. Graduated from my Advanced Sign Language class. Gotten qualified to be a PTK Leadership Development Trainer. Got certified as a YEP expedition leader. Became a first aider. Gotten my certificate in Practical Counselling. Gotten a cert in Advanced Microsoft Excel. Learnt basic photoshop skills. Worked as a Hall Master for 1 week at our school's International Hostel.
It's a bit like being a Girl Guide earning my badges. These badges mean nothing if they were not intentionally leading me towards a certain destination.
I also realised that I've travelled quite a bit this year too, not withstanding the Blaze camp at Kota Tinggi. and all without my parents. Been to Taiwan (church friends) , Hong Kong/Macau (sister, brother-in-law, his sister), Laos/ Luang Prabang (colleagues) and soon, Yunnan (recce). I've enjoyed the new places I've explored and discovered, especially with a new interest in photography, it has been fun capturing scenes and sights through a different lens.
Actually I dunnoe what's the point of this entry. Perhaps just a way to remember the year 2007 ba.
More reflections to come.
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment