Tuesday, December 18, 2007


I have mailed out about 4 batches of Christmas cards. The 1st batch were the ones with parcels. The 2nd batch were the ones to be sent overseas. The 3rd batch were non-church friends. The hardest to write are the ones which will be sent last, i.e. my church friends.

As I was writing my messages in the cards addressed to my youths, I remembered the 2007 New Year resolutions which I kept for the girls in my group. When they first wrote it at the start of the year, I had zapped a copy to keep, so that they could have someone to hold them accountable for keeping to their resolutions. I had filed them up in a pink ring file, together with the weekly reflections they submitted every week, using dividers for each girl. I loved punching holes and filing their weekly reflections in each week after I've read them, left my comments and returned the originals to them for their reference.

of coz, with all the changes at church, these resolutions may have been forgotten. I dunnoe if any one of them remembered the resolutions they had made, and whether they have kept them despite the changes at church.

But I knew it was no use for me to keep them, as it is for me to return them their resolutions for 2007. My task for 2007 is completed. I sure hope that it would help them as they reflect on year 2007, and motivate them in desiring to know the Word more, serve more, and grow in a more intimate relationship with the Father.

No comments: