Last week I've met up with quite a number of friends. I think Christmas is just an excuse for me to be able to meet up with them. :) Call it Christmas Meet-ups, or End of Year Meet-ups, whatever it is, I'm glad for time spent with them.Tuesday I met up with DJ for lunch and Leyi for dinner.
Wednesday I went to watch a movie with Kim
Thursday I met up with Jan and XY for lunch, movie and coffee.
Friday I met up with WL, Rene and her friend for dinner.
Saturday I spent the day shopping with my mother and attending a BBQ party organised by my sister's friend. (kinda weird that i'm attending my sister's friend's party, when my sister is not even in town)
I really miss time of fellowship with my sisters. Before Rene's friend joined us for dinner, the three of us gave a quick update of our lives and the things and people we've encountered since the last meet up. I especially like hearing updates about the youths. Be it from DJ about what's happening in TSBC or from WL about what's happening in TBC, or even from the youths themselves, from their msn sharing/emails/letters or blogs, all I want is to be updated about their lives and somehow still feel a part of them.
Some news upset me, its funny the way they still do. But being out of the picture, I stand as a third-party, and somehow I think I'm able to feel more empathy and yet be non biased in commenting on the situation. Undoubtedly, I'm tempted to want to make things right. To say, come, let me do it. But I know I shouldn't. Its not longer my call to make.
Some updates please me. Knowing how they will face challenges and have stepped up to the plate in different areas of ministry. Learning of how some of them have found courage to do things I wouldnt expect them to do.
Some updates amuse me. 'nuff said. :)
To all my friends. cheerios. I'd see u all next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment