I have not written about the issue of bgr in my blog because it is one area in my life which I feel its too personal and private to share.
however, this afternoon I was sharing with my mum abt the upcoming Yunnan trip which I'm gonna make with a male colleague, and telling her about the teasing I've been getting from my colleagues just by talking with him at the canteen and how super irritating it can be. Because seriously, talking to a male colleague doesn't mean i like him, saying hello doesn't mean i like him, complimenting him doesn't mean i like him, working with him doesn't mean i like him. So get over it and grow up! I do get quite pissed off. And u'noe what my mum said? "Go get a boyfriend so they'd stop teasing lor!" wow. sounds easy mum. thanks for the advice ... sheesh.
In the past week, i've been asked twice "how come you no boyfriend?" by 2 of my youths. TWO OF MY YOUTHS ASKING ME ABOUT MY LOVE LIFE!!! *rolls eyes* One said, "but u're 25 already u'noe, you should start looking".... wow. I really need love advice here. Is it written on my face somewhere that i need a guy?! The other said, "But u're getting old. How come don't have bf yet?" Oh my, I very OLD MEH!?!! thanks for reminding me nonetheless.... sheesh. i think its kinda funny that my youths are asking me to find a boyfriend.
Like every other normal girl, I too desire being with the right guy ("right" being defined as "the guy whom God has prepared for me") and being in a proper normal relationship. But I too believe that there are some things which cannot be rushed.
I've been through relationships. Only 1 with whom I was "officially" attached to when I was 19 (and yes, that ONE was my first and he had to be a non-christian. So I totally know what it means to be unequally yoked and totally blinded by love). The rest were people who have told me they liked me, and its either I ran away immediately, or I thought about it, went through a probational period of dating, and then ran away.
They are good guys no doubt, but it doesn't mean that every good guy is someone I see myself with. You know, there's something called personality, and chemistry that sort of stuff?
And I guess over time, especially during uni days, I just grew to enjoy time alone. Having lunch, reading in the forum, studying in the library, journaling, attending lectures ... all alone. Of coz I had friends who'd join me sometimes, or people whose rooms in halls I'd bunk in between lectures, but somehow I found joy in solitude times. Even to date, my "me" time are very essential.
so to answer the qns, I can only say that I believe that much as i try to take things into my own hands at times, I believe that God has His own plans for me in this aspect of my life. God's own time, own target right? :) Besides I'd like to think that the guy God has prepared for me is still not ready to meet me yet. so there.
oh yah, and I'm also sitting under the tree for the ONE to drop from the sky.
2 comments:
u do realise that if that happens, he'll probably fall to death and u'd be crushed to death, and u guys can live happily ever after in heaven?
God's just shaping u and yes, I won't be surprised if He plonks one on your lap one of these days. People have met their spouses everywhere from weddings, tours, church, etc. So just enjoy your life as it is cos when you do meet Mr Right, your days of solitude & reflection are harder to come by. Treasure your independence gal!
Post a Comment