I'm really quite tired.
As I think about the past, consider the present and worry about the future.
Maybe its the year end thing where the weight of the whole entire year seems to weigh exceptionally heavier.
Maybe its the increasing distance I have created between me and God.
Maybe its all the talk about church issues that i realised I'm missing out on, and remembering the passion and fire I once had in planning, reading up on and discussing church/fellowship matters.
I feel like the little matchgirl standing outside the window watching the fire burning in the fireplace, and the celebration happening in the house. the thing is, I know the people inside will be glad to welcome me to join them, but i'm just not inclined to. not inclined to make that step.
I do appreciate christian friends inviting me to their church, or asking me "so have you settled in a church yet?" because I know they ask because they care and are concerned about my spiritual life. But it gets so frustrating at times, having to explain where I'm worshipping at, why I'm not settled yet, etc etc etc. I'm made to feel like not settling in a church is wrong. I mean, yes, I know that God ordains corporate worship and fellowship, but I do believe that I need time in making such an important decision in my life, and as long as I have yet to hear God speaking with regards to this issue, i'd rather not decide as yet.
I'm just really so sick of the question. Its almost as if finding a home church is symbolic of my spiritual state. Why don't you ask me how my spiritual life is? Why not encourage me to seek God, rather than seek a church? To pray for intimacy with Christ more than for God to bring me to a church? I mean, seriously, Christianity is not about the church and me, its about God and me.
Forgive me for sounding so grouchy. I'm just feeling all angsty.
I'm ok. I'm not up nor down. I just am. "I just am" is a phrase my friend used to use, and I realise how those simple three words are can express so much more.
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi sis
I hear you...
Read this honest entry from this brother from philippines- http://firebrands4christ.blogspot.com/2007/12/for-sake-of-call.html
Hope it enlightens you on your situation.
Hey sister tsl,
I'm in the same situation as you. I have attended a dozen churches over the 2decades, now in-between church.
As long as we have yet to hear from the Lord, its better to wait than to make a hasty decision. Let's rem Abraham w Ishmael, Moses smiting the Egptian, Abraham & Ishmael, Moses smiting the Egytian (Exo2), Saul as temporary priest & lost the kingship (1Sam13), & other examples from the bible & learn from King David enquiring & waiting upon God.
God's timing is far better than our timing, His way is far better than our logical ways.
isa55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.
For 2 decades i never had a proper Quiet time until i overheard some teenagers at a hawker centre sharing about their New year resolutions to spend more QT. I felt so ashamed.
How's your spiritual state? Are you reading His Word & praying daily? A regular communion with HIM is more important than going to a building once weekly. GOD is omnipresent.
Heb11.6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a
rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.
Why not continue to seek God, rather than seek a church? To pray for intimacy with Christ is far more important than to go to church & listen to teachings of men?
Mark1.35 And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there
prayed.
Seriously, Christianity is not about spending time in a building, its about us because we are the living temples. Since the veil in the temple has been torn, why not seek Him directly, the Author & Finisher of our faith ? Why go thru a human intermediary like the OldTestament priests?
Eph2.21 In Him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22 And in Him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.
Then the LOrd will guide us to His lost sheep.
To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.
Rev1.6
Post a Comment