Thursday, December 6, 2007

*cough cough*


(photos of desserts taken at Sushi Teh)


Meeting with my mentor last night was tough. Everytime I try to open my mouth to say something, the word will be morphed into a coughing fit. So half the time, he was talking, and I was responding with some loud cough, which caused other diners to turn and give me "the look". All thoughout the bus ride back home, I was concentrating very hard to suppress my cough...but u'noe how that is. the more u try to suppress it, the more it'd resent being suppressed. (sounds like the youths of today hor).

I dunnoe what's bringing on the coughing fits which only seem to get worse.

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, after taking my cold tablet which is supposed to knock me off, as it did the previous night. But all throughout the night I was coughing non-stop, so i finally got out of bed at 12am, and took a spoonful of cough syrup (which according to my doctor, is meant to help de-sensitise my throat so that it'd get less irritated, plus it'd cause drowsiness, so it'd help me sleep).

But NOOOOOOO..it didn't help one bit. I tossed and turned in bed, trying my best to get some sleep. But to no avail.

So this morning,I'm still hungover from the medication which hasn't lost its drowsiness effect and coupled with the lack of sleep, my body and brain are not in sync. Part of me feels like I'm still dreaming... prob also due to the fact that one of my ear is blocked, so the sounds around me are kinda muted in a fuzzy way.

and to my wonderful colleagues who're reading this with no bout of sympathy at all... BLEAHHHHHHH.

Sick people have the perogative to whine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sympathise, that is why I nag at you so that you will get well soon.