yesterday I met up with about 5 of my AS1 classmates for dinner at Curry Favor... It was an interesting experience.
Firstly, for most of us, this was the 1st time we were actually getting to know one another. Usually during classes, we'd stick to our own cliques, and it wasn't until the last class that we started to introduce ourselves to one another and exchange contacts. =)
Secondly, the moment we stepped into the restaurant, we were only supposed to communicate in sign language! It sure took us a long time to get one point across. And its especially difficult for me when two people beside me are signing with me in between, coz i gotta keep turning my head left and right (think tennis match...) After a while, I just gave up and concentrated on my food. By not looking at the signers, you are in actual fact disengaging yourself from the conversations. One of them commented that I was very quiet.... and i signed "Busy eating"...which is true. Coz its quite hard to sign while you're holding your chopsticks. haha. But after a while, one starts to get the flow of things, the gist of the conversation, and communication started to flow better.
It was fun. If only I had friends who could sign as well... then we could "talk" about anything without the people around us knowing what we're gossiping about. =)
Wednesday, April 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment