Thursday, April 12, 2007

Leadership Certification Course - Day 2

one thing I’ve always enjoyed is the Values Card exercise, where we are supposed to pick out our top 5 values from a whole long list. I did it in Oct 2006, and then, my top 5 values were: Religion, Advancement, Honesty, Trustworthiness, Worthwhileness.

This time round, they are:
Faith: Believing in yourself, a higher power, the goodness of life
Honesty: Fairness, straightforwardness, sincerity, truthfulness
Wisdom: Mature understanding of life
Patience: Bearing pains or trials calmly; steadfastness in suffering or crisis
Trustworthiness: Dependability deserving of confidence

And then because I couldn’t decide, I had 3 more..hehe

Worthwhileness: acceptance and appreciation as a person – not a thing
Religion: Belief in a supreme Being, a spiritual relationship with others
Advancement: Growth, professional advancement, personal maturity

Its interesting to note the consistency, especially in Honesty and Trustworthiness. It really helps me think of who I am innately and what I base my decisions and actions upon.

In summary, what do I value?
1. faith in myself and in God
2. a spiritual relationship with others
3. constant personal growth and advancement
4. Understanding of life
5. Sincerity and honesty
6. trustworthiness and dependability – consistency.
7. strength in adversity


Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

1 comment:

Lance said...

Wow... not bad eh taking all this kinda discovery journey... we actually find out more about ourselves. Not to mention its quite true for your quote.. :P better watch my words den.