I requested for the toilets nearest to the students' sleeping area to be opened, so that the students don't have to walk from one end of the corridor to the other end to use the ONLY available toilets on that level in the middle of the night.
But the wonderful estates department refused to approve it. "P says can only open 60% of the toilets during hols", "we open alternate toilets, if they want, they can use the 4th floor ones".... yada yada yada. Due to the wonderful layout of our school, for the students to reach the 4th floor, they need to walk back to the centre of the corridor and take a flight of stairs or lift down. And somehow, i doubt it'd even be lighted.
I'm seriously pissed.
This is a school for goodness sake. Do they even consider the welfare of the students??? Sure, the system is to open alternate toilets, but for TWO FREAKING days..i don't see what the big deal is. I don't want the students to be wandering school at night..and besides... i don't think its safe for them to be wandering either.
The other day I was sharing with a friend about how the estates dept refuse to approve the use of aircon for two rooms in which the students would be sleeping in. And he was like "what?!" yah. exactly. what was the reason given? "too expensive to turn on aircon overnight"... like HELOOOOOO... they turn on all the aircons in the office during the hols when no one is around either what. so what's the big deal?! I seriously dunno how the students (and the teachers) are gonna get any sleep at night in a stuffy classroom.
Its incredulous la.
Can they stop being so freaking rigid???? If it benefits the students, I don't see why they have to be so anal about it.
Just like me catering food for students or buying resources for the students. The finance have to question everything we spend on. I mean seriously lar, can't there be a bit more trust around here?!
during our 3D2N camps, I catered a more expensive breakfast for the students on the 3rd morning becoz there were outdoor activities the whole morning and lunch would only be at 1pm. During the fasting month, I also catered a more expensive breakfast for the Muslims (as compared to the Non-Muslims), as I wanted them to be full and be able to sustain the whole day. And you know what ? I was questioned as to why the breakfast wasn't a standardised cost for all mornings and for all students?
I mean..come on lar. Can we have a bit of sense here? Not everything is law by law one lor!
We're teachers for goodness sake... what are they thinking? I cater more to da bao home?! Or i cater better food for myself?! sheesh.
I'm seriously fed up with the system.
And know what, I'm sure the toilets won't have toilet paper provided.
Thursday, October 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's a government/civil servant thing.. they're quite anal abt such things
Post a Comment