Wednesday, October 3, 2007

red tape

camp 3 part 1 happens next Monday-Tuesday. Part 2 happens on the 26-28 Oct.

It is such a hassle preparing for the camp, especially the one that's gonna happen next week. I can't believe all the paper work and red tape surrounding the issue of students staying overnight in school. and for just one night!

Permission for students to stay overnight in school. 1 form (attaching students' names and IC number)
Permission to turn on aircon for classrooms for students to sleep in. 1 form (rejected!) --> oh great. we can have a nice warm sauna to sleep in.
Permission to use classroom til 10pm for night classes (rejected) --> no aircon. woohoo.
Permission to use swimming pool toilet for shower facilities (approved) --> need to get key from PE dept.
Permission to use executive training room for lessons. 1 form (in process)
Permission to use Lecture Theatre til 10pm. 1 form
Permission to open 5th floor toilets for students.
Ordering catered lunch/dinner. Forms and more forms.
Claim for purchase of breakfast. 1 form

I'm going a bit crazy with all the forms. Signing my name all over the place....I can't believe what a hassle getting the facilities in order can be. And I think its ridiculous that I need to fill in a form "rental of facilities at CE" when i'm part of CE itself!!!! *rolls eyes*

Beyond these irksome technical and administrative details, I'm actually quite looking forward to the camp because of the students. I've interacted with all these students before during BLAZE I, and we've established some sort of a relationship. Even during the camp briefing, seeing their dynamic personalities and their crazy antics made me laugh.

I think our trip up to Kota Tinggi on 26-28Oct will be a blast. :)









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Facilities. Don't even get me started. I love the dept to bits, i just wanna smash them into pieces.

- Angie

tsl said...

they are so ANAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!