My grandmother requested to have a bday dinner at the BBQ pit below her block. I guess she hasn't been to one for quite some time now, so it was a change. The family gathered at the pavilion and started the fire ... of coz, as with any BBQ, there would be those who'd be cooking, and others who'd be eating or providing eye-power. (no prizes for guessing which catergory I fell into..teehee) But it was quite fun, I even had time to play a bit of badminton with my dad. I mean, how long has it been since I played badminton, and with my dad! But the game was interrupted when I was called to lead in saying grace. (sigh.... everytime kenna arrowed to say grace at family dinners...in chinese somemore! and i think the lack of practise has caused my standard to drop!)
The food was good. Mum made fried rice and curry. Aunt made spag. There were stingray, sausages, fishball, chicken, etc...the usual. My cousin and uncle spent a good few minutes trying to "rescue" the lizardS stuck to this sticky tape tied around the lamp post.. totally grossed me out, coz my cousin, the chef, actually used his FINGERS to tap the lizard! yucks!!!!!! and then he came and touch me! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After dinner, we had cake-cutting. Yummy choc cake from Four Leaves. :)
Happy Birthday to my grandma! May God Bless you with strength and joy in every circumstance.
1 comment:
Argh yucks! I hate lizards too. they are so disgusting!!
Post a Comment