before i start penning down my thoughts about Young People, i must share something i've learnt today. For these 2 days, i've been nominated by my reporting officer to attend a MS Excel (advanced) course. honestly, i went expecting to be bored to death... but it was surprisingly fun! I really was "wowed" by all the functions that I never knew existed in the programme. Esp the fact that i can "Record" my actions as a macro and create my very own toolbar and own icon. like seriously, how cool is that?!! half the time, when the trainer was showing us the functions and the short-cut keys, my jaw was like dropped. i was simply amazed. hee. I've new found respect for the Microsoft computer guys.
and i'm so excited to learn more tomorrow. =) one never fails to be amazed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, about Young People. And i'm not talking about my church youths.
Today, a fellow ITE Campus invited my bosses, who in turn, invited me to their leadership camp's special night and bbq dinner. This leadership programme which is run in the form of a camp was spearheaded by my campus, and carried out throughout the other 3 campuses, thus we were invited to attend.
The moment the students saw us walking towards their chalet, they came and introduce themselves and ushered us. gave us food and drinks, asked us what we wanted to eat, whether we had enough, whether we want dessert, etc.. wow. i'm super impressed by their hospitality.
But that's not the pt.
The students were also doing some sort of a presentation at the end too.
I was seriously laughing my head off..... silently. (okie..i know that sounds ironic...but u'noe what i mean). THEY ARE SO FUNNY! the way they act and the way they speak. haha.. esp when they pronounce words wrongly, or create their own vocab ...
They are seriously lovable.
Young people simply make my day. You know, no matter how tired i may be, sometimes listening to them ... and their corny jokes (there were 2 crabs, one red one green...who walks faster? where did the penguin keep his money? hahahhaaaaaa... ) u'noe the ones that simply make me raise my eyebrows and laugh simply because its so ridiculous.
If you ask me whether I like babies, i can tell u straight off - NO.
If you ask me whether I like children, i can tell u straight off - NO.
However, if you ask me whether I like young people ... now, that's a different thing.
Young people has this thing about them. this thing that seperates them from people of all other ages. This idealism that's yet to be tainted by the realism of this world. This enthusiam that is yet to be jaded by monotony. This drive and passion that is fuelled by great aspirations. This sincerity and desire to belong and loved and understood.
I believe that they are the future.
Wednesday, February 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So which crab walks faster? And where did the penguin keep his money? You gotta tell us!
Just kidding. (But actually, I would really like to know, haha!)
Your last line reminds me of the tune "I believe the young people are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way, show them all the beauty they possess inside..."
But yeah, I can see your evident love for the young people age group. Glad you're experiencing so much joy interacting with them.
Post a Comment