My mother is the epitome of sacrificial love. To her, the family is everything. She's able to sacrifice her own desires and wants for the sake of the family. She's able to give up her own rest and leisure time, so that our needs will be fulfilled. She works all day and night, not only at her workplace, but also at home with the household chores. She works weekdays and weekends. Sometimes, seeing the way she works non-stop scares me. The way she presses herself to complete a certain task, no matter how tired she may be. It's crazy... (in my opinion) coz to me, somethings are really not that important and can wait til another time when one is freer or less tired.
My mother is very sociable. She makes friends easily. With a ready smile and an ever-readiness to help in her own way. She makes friends with people whom others sometimes even fail to notice; people like the maid who lives next door, like the cleaning aunty at her office, like the stranger on the bus (who has somehow become her good friend!), like the aunty at the cashier at NTUC.... Sometimes i wonder where all her "sociable genes" have gone to. (not to me, that's for sure)
My mother loves me. She's one of my best friends, someone who understands my mood swings and can be really patient and tolerant with me. She's learning to understand that I need my personal space more as I grow older, thus tries not to question when I tell her I wont be home for dinner just so that I can chill out at some cafe. She's someone whom I'd just lie down beside in bed, sharing about anything, from work to relationships.
My mother is ever-willing to learn and grow to be more Christlike. She is humble and willing to learn from mistakes, to listen when we offer her advice. Her willingness to make compromises, to surrender herself to the Lord, to allow correction has always been something I admire and respect about her.
But I think she needs to learn how to let go and let God and let us have opportunities to love her back.
Happy Birthday Mum. How can I thank God enough for the love He has given me through you?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here're some photos of our very little celebration.
Mum and Dad as we strolled to our dinner place.
(Heh. I sneaked a photo while walking behind them. Dad noted the flash, looked up in the sky and exclaimed, " Lightning ar???" LOL )
A pot of cherry tomatoes and a pot of mini orchid. From me to her. =)

Happy Birthday Mum!





4 comments:
Such a touching salutation to you mum..I'm sure your mum will be happy to have a daughter like you too..don't worry about the 'missing' blogs..I'm sure you will 'make' up for it tomorrow rite??lzw
wow... did you let mum read what you wrote about her? i am sure she'd be very touched. i wish i could be there with you all too to celebrate mum's special day -- the day that God has created her -- wonderfully and fearfully made.
Happy Birthday, Auntie.
Amazing Love:-)
Such an act is pleasing in God's sight.
God's favour would be with you in all that you do!
Post a Comment