Saturday, February 3, 2007

Time to Myself

Today I spent my Saturday evening the way I wanted.

Besides the fact that in 1 meal, i managed to ruin my weeks of "healthy diet" plan (of only consuming healthy food) by consuming a cup of iced blended mocha and a luxurious piece of chocolate cake for dinner. Mmmmmm... :)

I spent a lovely Saturday evening at Coffee Bean, enjoying food which i like, reading a book entitled "The Christian Ethic of Love" by Norman Geislar, penning this entry down in my journal.

Sitting at the cafe, watching people walking by. Families with little children, babies in prams, old men standing around waiting for their wives, couples strolling along...

Sometimes I feel like i'm in this world, yet not in this world. Like being apart. Being an observer from afar, watching the lives of these strangers unfolding at this very moment.

Sitting here by myself, I feel serenely happy and blissfully contented. A bite of my chocolate cake, a sip of my iced blended - they fulfill my physical cravings. A good book in my hand - it fulfills my mind.

No human contact. No entanglements in relationships. No troubles of life. No stress from work. Nothing.

Just at this moment, at this instant, I've everything I need, everything I want. Everything around me drifts into nothingness. People, noise, laughter ... they fade away from the invisible wall that surrounds me and protects me from this world. My circle of personal space.

Just being me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As i walked around the shopping mall, i keep hearing Chinese New Year songs...I'M SO TEMPTED to sing along... but there's no one to irritate if i were to break into song. Aiya..if only jie was shopping with me..i'd surely start singing all these CNY songs simply to embarrass her. haha.

The other day i was just humming some "qi ge long dong qiang dong qiang" song in the office...and my colleague made some comments about it..so i started singing the whole song. She was quite surprised i actually know the lyrics to these songs. haha... well.. 4 years of singing them back in sec sch really ingrains the song into one's memory.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I purchased 2 cds today. It has been quite a while since i actually bought CDs coz my CD player hasn't been working properly. But since I've received a new CD player for Christmas last year, i figured its time yet again to add to my CD collection.

My two new additions:
1. Les Choristes.
This has got to be my absolute favourite movie. And I've been wanting to buy the CD soundtrack for the longest time. So, i did. :) The moment i played the 1st track "Les Choristes", i was sold. i absolutely loved it.

2. Eternity 2.
I was struggling between purchasing Eternity and Eternity 2...... But Eternity 2 had the Vienna Boy's choir and the Swingle singers, PLUS songs like "Over the rainbow" and "Hallelujah" and "Bridge over troubled waters".... so i went with Eternity 2.

I'm one happy gal. :)

No comments: