I've been having the shortest fuse these days. And the people who're bearing the brunt of it are my colleagues, especially my poor EA. I get damn frustrated just sitting at my desk surrounding by stacks of boxes and piles of paper. In fact, I even need to carefully maneouver the chair to get out of the small space i'm cluttered within. Yesterday my colleague spotted a giant cockroach, and 99% of me believe that it must have been happily hiding and breeding somewhere amongst my mess. There are even times i can't find my notebook to take minutes at meetings, that i have to grab some random paper I see lying around.
I get pissed off at the smallest of mistakes, and i demand this and that. I guess i generally don't have good people skills when I'm under pressure... though I do get things done faster. I think I'd make a sucky boss. The kind that my subordinates would hate. Heck, the kind that I would hate too.
But I thank God for wonderful colleagues. Who scold me for scolding others. Who have unbelievable patience at my rudeness and insensitive remarks aim to delibrately antagonize. Who generally have wonderfully big hearts and are such generous souls. :)
Thank you girlies.
Just ignore my crackering fuse.
(and have a good term break. :) )
No comments:
Post a Comment