Tuesday, June 19, 2007

apology

Last week I blew up because of students who pulled out of the leadership camp without informing me at all, causing much logistical delays and time wasted. Not only that, there were those who chose to be uncontactable. I emailed their teacher in charge with rather harsh words at the unacceptable behaviour of these so-called potential leaders, and demanded that he addressed this issue.

Today the teacher called me and made this boy apologise.

His voice trembled as he apologised for not replying my email.

Immediately, whatever irritation and anger dispelled.

I told him that I accept his apology and went ahead to brief him on the camp details.

When I hung up the phone, i felt bad for having lost my cool.

I always believe that there lies something good about these students.

But sometimes I allow myself to classify them as bad eggs, and as hopeless and I say things like "these students, all like that one. Irresponsible!" I become one of whom I despise for generalising these students.

And it takes something like that to remind me yet again, that these are but young people who make mistakes just like you and me.

No comments: