I watched "Freedom Writers" today (which was my off day). i absolutely loved the movie. It's based on a true story and diaries of teenagers from Long Beach, California after the 1992 LA riots, during the worst outbreak of inter-racial riots. The strong theme of racism, of survival, of defending oneself came across in a real, yet heart-breaking way. And how one teacher's acceptance of them made them feel safe and understood in a society that's filled with misconceptions and hatred. It showed how one person's belief in these young lives can make such an impact. Its not just an idealistic movie...its a possible reality. This website is prove of that: http:www.freedomwritersfoundation.org. Of how one person can inspire others to make a change. A change in themselves, a change in their society, and who will in turn, help others to create that change.
Go watch it. it's well worth $8. Heck, i'd pay another $8 to watch it again.
2 comments:
u pass me the $8. I watch it for you, yea?
=p
Thanks for recommending the show. I really enjoyed it and relish the idea that somewhere miles away, decades ago, there was somebody who believed in what I believed.
Post a Comment