I needed a break from everything, so I went to catch a movie last evening. Movies have this amazing ability to engage your mind and thoughts, so that for that mere 2 hrs, we pay $6.50 (or more) to be transported into someone's world, someone's story...so for that mere 2 hrs, we forget the realities of life.
I caught "The pursuit of Happyness". I loved the inspiring, motivating, realistic theme behind the story. That sometimes happiness seems to evade us, thus there is this relentless pursuit of it... and if we try hard enough, desire it deep enough, even if we suffer along the way, even if tears are shed along the way, even if we fail along the way, if our eyes are focused on the goal, we will attain it one day. And that moment, is Happiness. Of course there are many ways to look at the story in line with our experiences...but for that few moments, I believe that even when things seem hopeless (as Chris' wife left him, as he and his son were evicted and had to sleep in the subway toilet), we ought not to give up, but press on for whatever the reason may be (for Chris, it was for his son), even though the decisions we make may seem absurd (He accepted an internship at a stockbroking firm without pay for 6 mths), but if we have the perserverance and determination and the humility (as displayed by Chris as he worked harder than anyone of his classmates, and even at the expense of his dignity being mocked), what we desire and pursue, we will one day attain (as he was the one out of the many who got the job).
Renewed hope.
Wednesday, March 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's good to watch such inspiring movie once in a while. The last I'd caught was "A Few Good Men" which gave me quite alot to think about. Another movie that truly insipred me was "Coach Carter" with his ingenious and unorthodox ways of coaching.
It's good to take a breather some time when the going gets tough. And in all traits, humility is one that I truly believe one should possess.
Post a Comment