The passing of my mentor's grandmother brought me to Mt Vernon on Tuesday evening.
No matter how much i dislike attending wakes, this was one which I had to go, simply because I know that I needed to be there for my mentor, just to show that I care and that my heart goes out to him and his family in this time of grief. This has not been an easy period of time for him at all. What's with all that's happening at church, and now this, I could see him struggling to keep the faith strong.
In the 9+ years that I've known him, I've heard him share about his grandmother a number of times.... especially how he yearned to be able to share the gospel to her, but how her physical weaknesses (unable to hear) hindered that. When he shared with us how his grandmother brought him and his 8 siblings up, how she imparted the basic values in their young lives, I could see him holding the tears back.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Will we be ready when death comes?
1 comment:
I dun think the question is whether we are ready whne death strikes. What is more impt is when death strikes someone close to us. (if death strikes us, we are dead, does not matter)
I believe the best way to live a life is to remember that you will die one day. That is a fact. Live a life that when you are going to die, you will not regret.
Post a Comment