Friday, March 2, 2007

grandma

my grandma hasn't been feeling very well. Has been complaining of heart pains recently that result in an increase in the visits to not only SGH A&E but also to her cardiologist. Yesterday, she experienced back pain and could not get out of bed. Had to get a doctor to do house call. Dr said it could be due to compress fracture of lower back . Had to give her a jab and painkillers.

Thank God today she's feeling a little better, so there's no need to call for an ambulance to send her to the hospital to do an x-ray. My cousin would be sending her instead.

Mum has been rather emotionally upset about the whole thing.
Dad has been troubled by work polictics and issues.

Just gotta keep praying for strength and faith.

The other day, the students were competing in a Public Speaking Competition, and one of the questions for their impromptu speech is " Can we live without religion?"

I won't go into definining what "religion" is, as I had learnt before in uni when I took a module on Sociology and Religion, that it's not something easy to define. I won't say that Christianity is NOT a religion, but a faith and relationship with an intimate God. I won't go about arguing about the theoretics of religion and make you see why one needs God, and not just any God, but a True living God.

But for me, I know I can't live without religion. I can't live without Christianity. I can't live without my Lord Jesus Christ, the One whom I put my life and trust in, the One whom I know will carry me through all circumstances.

It's just that. My faith is not complicated. It's very simple. And it will be this faith that see me through my life. and it is with this faith that I commit my grandmother into His care.

No comments: