Tuesday, March 13, 2007

one day at a time

the fact of the matter is this. I'm tired. I really am.

I went home last night with a constant headache, but couldn't get to bed til 12.30am because I had wanted to write some cards. This morning I literally had to drag myself out of bed. I really just wanted to roll under the blankie and go back to sleep.

Perhaps my retreat/vacation is too long overdue. Since Dec 2006, I had wanted to get away for a while. But what's with the ITE Camps, Penang Mission Trip, New Year, Chinese New year, and endless projects that came one after another, it makes it perpetually impossible for me to get away. I should have grabbed my chance during the CNY hols... but i was just too lazy to make any plans.

Now what's with all that's happening, the overload of events that is causing me to be emotionally and physically worn out warned me that it's time to take a break.

So I applied for leave for tomorrow. Though it would be great if i could really just spend some "me" time, I would probably by spending most of my leave (if approved by my supervisor) studying for my Sign Language test on Thursday. I haven't been revising for some time so i'd spend most of my time checking the dictionary for the signs for words which i ought to know by heart by this stage. sux. Can't afford to fail.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Anyway, on a lighter note, today I did a personality profiling for a department workshop we're supposed to attend this Friday..so it's supposed to be quite accurate and professional. Not those unscientific pyschology tests. heh. Here's an extract. For full report, ask me if you're interested. =)

Peacemaker
A team player, Shir-Leen readily relinquishes personal interests and goals to accommodate those close to her. She is loyal to a fault; but others may sometimes question her unwavering dedication to current relationships and methods. Shir-Leen values security, and usually does her best to avoid sudden changes in her environment or situation.


Shir-Leen is a fact finder and does things "by the book". She can be sensitive if others are being critical of her work, especially if they have not carefully reviewed all the data. Shir-Leen clarifies expectations before undertaking new projects, and she works hard to meet standards. Shir-Leen will typically maintain a neat and orderly work environment.

Shir-Leen prefers a rational and moderate approach when first entering new situations and tries to avoid extremes. She likes the company of others, but Shir-Leen is equally comfortable spending a quiet evening alone. She is a realist who will always weigh her options before she makes a decision to move ahead.

Because she values relationships, Shir-Leen prefers to withdraw from conflict and avoid issues that may be confrontational. She may have a tendency to question her own ability to take charge, so she will tend to join in with a team or submit to strong authority. Shir-Leen is a "team player", and typically is excellent in a supporting role.

Communication Tips: Relating to others
Shir-Leen is kind in nature and is very detail oriented. She is caring about the people around her and possesses the qualities that make her very meticulous at task completion. Shir-Leen likes to look around carefully before making any decisions and weigh how it will affect people; at times she is overly cautious. If she feels someone is taking advantage of a situation, she will slow down processes so that she can watch what is going on around her.

Shir-Leen is loyal to the leaders she supports, and is an excellent person to have on the team. She carefully and consistently works though situations. She tends to show anxiety when put in a situation where she feels deserted to make decisions that will affect others. Shir-Leen wants stability and exhibits stability in relationships; she needs a protected and secure environment. She likes people, but prefers a few close friends to many acquaintances. Shir-Leen likes small groups rather than crowds. She is overly sensitive and doesn't handle criticism well. She needs to develop confidence and be more independent. Shir-Leen is very concerned about what people think of her and she avoids conflict.

Precision is imperative in everything Shir-Leen does. She can be counted on to carry out any tasks correctly. She wants exact facts and figures before she will make a decision; she feels uneasy when forced to make a quick decision. Shir-Leen often keeps feelings to herself. Others may not be aware of her strong beliefs. She does not blow up easily, but after a point she will make her feelings known to everyone. Shir-Leen wants a stable environment that promotes security. This is true for home and work environments, as the more stable the environment, the happier she will be.


Some of the statements are really very true. Those which I totally agree are italicized.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I need to pop another panadol.

2 comments:

Lance said...

I realised that some parts of the report is quite applicable to me too. I'm juz wondering how to change for the better. Hahaz! Keep up the good work!

Marcus Mok said...

Wow, the description fits perfectly to the shir I know (yes, particularly those that you italicized)...what's the name of this personality profile test?

I observe that, at least for myself, the context in which I do such tests have a great influence on the results.

For example, I did a MBTI test after spending 2 hours in a quiet library, and I was deduced as an INTROVERT. Few years later, I did another one online in a jovial mood and I "became" an EXTROVERT.

Just my thoughts. :P

Come to think of this, are the decisions that we make a consequence of our personality/character? Or do those decisions influence our personality/character? And does God's sovereignty work through our character or our choices to bring about His purposes?

Or both?

And in to what extent are we responsible for our choices, bearing in mind the personality that makes us who we are?

Just more thoughts. :P