Monday, January 14, 2008


He held my hand as we walked back together.

How long has it been since we held hands?

My daddy and me.

===================================

Yesterday as we walking out from church, I suddenly lost my balance and swayed to one side. Good thing my aunt and mum were walking behind me so they caught me before I fell and steadied me by the side of the pavement. I felt giddy and was unable to focus on walking straight.

After lunch, my dad was tasked to walk me back home first. and he held my hand, coz i was still feeling a bit whoozy. A man in his mid-50s, holding the hand of a girl in her mid-20s. My mum teased him later about it, saying people would think he's some lao chee koh pek. haha. but it was a tender moment. My dad and I never really shared a very close relationship as compared to me and my mother, but my daddy, I know he'd do anything for me.

anyway, my grandma has a machine that measures blood pressure, so it was used on me. My aunts deduced that mine is in the lower range. Me thinks its because I haven't been sleeping well the past few days. I've been going to bed earlier, but my nights have been fitful. I think subconsciously, I'm worried about the camp this week and the preparations leading up to it. I'm also worried about the upcoming months and the possible decisions I'd be making. Too many things in activity in my neurosystem I suppose.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your life sounds pretty stressful leh... Let me guess, your stress index is about 90/100? So many things to worry about... Maybe this teaching job is not suitable for you? I've heard so much about stressed-up teachers who switched careers...Seek the LORD...

1Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon Him; for HE careth for you.

tsl said...

hi joe.

i'm not a teacher.

Anonymous said...

woah.. i think the only solution is for u to give ur dear friend a good treat, to replenish ur blood