There's so much to reflect about, so much to write. My 2007 reflections, my hopes for 2008, and my experiences in Kunming, Yunnan (China). There's so much I'm bursting to share, so you can either read about my reflections here, which will be kinda haphazard, or ask me out for dinner. ;)
I shall call this my China reflection series, though technically I was in both Kunming and Lijiang, and other random villages.
China Reflections 1
Date: 2 Jan 2008
Scene: In bed
Thoughts: One of the nicest things to do in winter is to be able to snuggle under the thick quilt blanket, letting my own body temperature create some sort of insulation that makes it warm and snug tucked up in bed. Getting up every morning is a drag, coz it'd mean getting exposed to the freezing cold air. So i'd lay in bed for as long as I possibly can. Afterall, it's just too comfortable and warm and pleasurable and zzzzzz .... if i could have things my way, I'd probably doze off into lala land again, simply refusing to get up.
I think I've laid under the blankets for too long. True that it's really nice and warm and truth be told, I can lie here forever. But considering the alternative, and that is to get up, lying here deprives me of seeing and experiencing things. If i've chosen to lay in bed all day, I'd have missed out on all the beautiful sights of Kunming and Lijiang and would not have had the opportunity to visit the villages or meet up with missionaries there. Lying here deprives me of seeing the world out there, of experiencing more there is than this tempting warm bed.
and all it takes is just a wee bit of courage to kick off the blankets and get out of bed.
The time has come for me to get up.
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment