Sunday, August 5, 2007

More bday surprises

On Friday evening, my friends and i went to catch Corrine May (http://www.corrinnemay.com/) in concert. She was launching her new album "Beautiful Seed". I love her songs, both from her old albums as well as her new songs. Beautiful Seed itself was a very meaningul song about how a seed has so much potential. She had other songs which I loved, simply because of its very meaningful and sincere lyrics. And the amazing way she weaves christian elements into her songs. Her concert was held at NUS UCC, and it was packed with young adults who also queued for more than 2 hrs just to get her autograph! I guess her appeal lies in her unassuming manner and her quiet demeanor.

Anyway. my friends with whom i went to watch the concert with are friends i've made thru' an online community. We've met before once, and it was nice to catch up with them face-to-face again. We also bumped into other people from the same virtual community. :) so it was all pretty cool.

And after supper at the Cheese Prata Shop, they celebrated my bday for me at the Eusoff Hall busstop with a choc cake from Prima Deli. its really very sweet of them. One year ago, 2 of them came all the way to my office to give me a bday present. :)




On saturday, I met Nicole (one of my church youths) for lunch. It was really nice of her to actually remember my bday and I truly appreciate the present and the cards received. You'noe... i really do appreciate being appreciated by these young people who were such a big part of my life. It's like..how do i put it... when i was mentor, I always felt unworthy to be leading and guiding them, but its like now... it doesn't matter what i've been thru', it doesn't even matter if they don't know the struggles i go thru', all that matters is that I was once a part of their lives and that they are growing stronger each day.


(with sweetie Nicole)

well... to more birthday celebrations to come. haha. isn't it a wonder that it's like never-ending? =)


No comments: