Friday, August 3, 2007

25 years OLD.




(click on pic for bigger version, or view from my photo album)


And so the day came and went.

And now i'm a quarter of a century old.

It's freaking old isn't it?

I don't feel 25 at all. It's like perhaps time stopped somewhere ... My colleague wrote in her card, "One year older, one year wiser hor." And i had to laugh. Becoz i sure don't feel wiser as the years go by at all. Perhaps just more jaded, more cynical, more ... i dunnoe ... angry? helpless? frustrated?

Anyway, I've got a few surprises yday. A bouquet of flowers, a surprise delivery of a gift at 11.30pm at my doorstep, a branded LV card holder, and a very very sweet card from one of my youths thru' mail. Of coz, all the other gifts were received with much appreciation and thankfulness. :) Eg, the pseudo scrapbook card my sister sent over + a bronze necklace, the GAP chain from Angie, the heart-shaped pendant from Cindy (knowing tt i was looking for a heart-shaped locket), a toilette from Em, ang pao from my granny + parents, Borders voucher from the gals ...

I love presents ... but not as much as I appreciate the thought and effort that went behind the purchase of the gift especially for me. And u'noe what. For those who really care...your friendship is present enough.

Thanks to my friends who sent me birthday wishes via sms and email as well.

Sigh. I've stepped across the line into the late 20s liao.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your bday dinner at Werner's looked seriously good. Your parents are so sweet, the cake's funny! :-)

Btw, we're not late 20s. We're mid 20s. Not like it makes a difference. Haha.

- Angie

Anonymous said...

i still remember last year we celebrated your b'day over BIG pieces of steak at Hog's Breath! but realised every family b'day is taken with the same pose on the same sofa! how nostalgic... can you superimpose my face in there too? :(

Anonymous said...

wow... I got a mention in the last paragraph..

J

Anonymous said...

waaaah so many presents!! 1 lucky girl leh u.. =)

happy birthday!!