This saturday I spend the morning with my mum at the polyclinic. yup, I succumbed to her constant nagging about seeing the doctor for my perpetual knee-pain. Its an old prob, an ache that would come when i've overtaxed my legs and go after a night's rest. However, for the past month, nothing I did could get rid of the pain. Coupled with exertion from all that walking in HK, i came back with such a pain that made walking strenous and squatting or kneeling impossible.
So we went to see the doctor. Had an x-ray taken. nothing out of the blue ; which put my mum's heart at ease. Just for a strange white mass near the knee joint. Doc says it could just be extra dense bone density. Anyway, we requested to see the ortho at SGH, coz well... not being able to walk without pain does raise some cause for concern.
In the afternoon, mum and I went grocery shopping at Carrefour and she allowed me to treat her to Mix-N-Match at Ben & Jerry's. My mom has this thing about spending money on food, so to get her to get something luxurious (like expensive ice-cream) is a rare event. :)
At night, mum and i decided to cook up this Western-style dinner. She boiled all the veggies for our salad, as well as the small potatoes and pasta, while I cooked the chicken in cheezy cream sauce. It was fun cooking up a meal that looked lavish and taste good. :)
Sunday, I opted to go to Wesley Methodist Church, coz i wanted to worship God alone , and spend some "me" time after service. Today's message was about 'I C' = In Christ. Being In Christ. Our identity In Christ. Our eternity In Christ. Our renewed being In Christ. After church, I spend about an hour reading at MOS burger and bought a new book frm Kino entitled 'In God we Doubt'. Share more about the book when I'm done with it. In the evening, my parents cleaned out the storeroom. It was massive work....coz anyone who knows my mother would know that she hoards rubbish. Dad and I had to convince her to throw things away or give them away to salvation army or to the karang guni man. We found bags that can be catergorised as antiques. May be able to fetch a fair sum at a retro fashion store. haha.
anyway, in one of the boxes, I dug out some old toys of mine. and I decided to keep them....yes, even though i'm 25 this year and i should not be playing with toys. But they bring back such memories i simply couldnt bear to throw them.
I guess hoarding rubbish runs in the family.
what toys are they? well.... The pictures will speak for themselves. :))


No comments:
Post a Comment