tomorrow a group of youths from TBC will be going up to Thailand for a mission trip.
When i first heard about the mission trip, I felt a pang of ... I dunnoe ... envy? disappointment even perhaps? That I could not go with them. That they'd be having new experiences of which I will never be a part of again. I felt a pang of nostlagia, being reminded of our Penang Mission trip just last year, and of course of my first mission trip to Myanmar many years back. And yet, I felt happy for them to be able to have this opportunity to do real missions and I pray that this mission exposure experience would change their lives, just as it did mine.
I received the namelist from Marc last night, I was amazed at the names I saw listed. People who finally take a step of faith in service and missions work.
There's not much I can do for them. And it saddens me, coz there's so much I wished I could contribute.
But all i can do is pray for them everyday while they're out on the missions field.
They are afterall, my beloved brothers and sisters-in-Christ doing God's work.
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
dear sister, totally know what you mean there. imagine my pain too when we were told to pray for them at service. somemore i had already bought the air tickets. still, my brother's wedding is something i am thankful to God tonight. lets pray together while they are out there harvesting for Lord now. liyi (YPF) is there too. our little sister has finally grown up ;D
hey why is it an experience you can never be part of?? weiling's mum went out with them too. you still can join us. hey weiling and i will psycho you for next year mission trip keke ;D
btw..her name is Leyi not Liyi LOR... ermmmmmm...
anyway, its more complicated than that la. :)
Maybe you have an evangelistic calling. Although i have gone for a few mission trips in Asean, i always felt that we created more inconvenience to the coordinators, as a short term trippers.
Even though we distribute tracts, or once, gave a bible. There was little follow-up, either from the team nor from the missionaries out there.
Maybe there's another step of faith to move over there permanently.
"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen." mat28
Post a Comment