Tuesday, June 3, 2008

poem for chapeltalk

this was the poem i shared for chapeltalk last Friday

Just my Father and I
And nothing else
Walking, In the wilderness
Sand, land, vast domains
Lost
The destination I see not
In this hostile barren land
Stripped, ripped and bared
Of all that which I thought I knew
Finding nothing


Just my Father and I
And nothing else
Walking, In the wilderness
Guessing, grasping, gasping
Scared
A strangely peculiar feeling
That which words cannot express
Empty, hollow and void
Within the depths of my heart
Continue walking


Just my Father and I
And nothing else
Walking, In the wilderness
Tired, thirsty, worn
Stumbling
But the pillars remain before me
A pillar of cloud by day
It shields
A pillar of fire by night
It illuminates
Closely following


Just my Father and I
And nothing else
Walking, In the wilderness
Patience, mercy, grace
Hopeful
Forty years for the Israelites
But still, they arrived
Years for me it may be
But grace He gives for belief
Tightly clinging


Just My Father and I
And nothing else.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well at least moving to the last stanza, I see hopeful and clinging on...positive word there....